In this Privacy Statement, when we use the term 'Personal Information', it means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. It also includes the information you provide about your background, experience, and similar information relevant to potentially working with JobCafe.
Generally, we collect two types of information: contact information and profile information, the use of which is described below. In all cases, we collect information only by explicitly asking for it on a web form. The only exception is for "session cookies", which are used to track a visitor only during a single visit to this site.
Our practice is that if we wish to collect Personal Information about you (such as name, contact information or other registration information) via the Internet, JobCafe will:
- expressly ask you for that Personal Information;
- when we ask you for that Personal Information, tell you how we intend to use that Personal Information if you choose to give it to us. For instance, we may wish to use that Personal Information to personalise and tailor our information, services or products for you; to identify who we are communicating with; or, to inform you of further information relating to our services or products, or to this Web Site; and
- not share your Personal Information with persons or entities unless in accordance with these Terms of Web Site use.
Your Contact Information
We collect Web Site visitors' contact information (like their e-mail address). This contact information may be used to send users news, information about JobCafe and recruitment information. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used for a particular purpose or you do not wish to receive mailings, you can e-mail us to notify us of your wishes. The contact information is on our 'Contact Us' page.
We collect Web Site visitors profile information, such as their professional experience, salary requirements, etc., in order to assist us in finding and evaluating people who are interested in working at JobCafe. This information is used by JobCafe to consider expressions of interest, evaluate potential candidates, and more generally for personnel recruitment purposes.
NB: Profile Information - within our Available Now Section
JobCafe members who are working with our team and being promoted through our "Available Now" section should be aware that the information displayed on your 'Available Now' profile including your chosen email address and contact phone number can be accessed by anyone via the Internet. The purpose of this project is to expose your profile to as many employers or potential customers as possible.
Wrongful Use - Should you feel someone from the public has used this information for anything other than to contact you for work then please advise us as soon as possible and we will remove your profile from the "Available Now" section and assist authorities where possible in tracking down the inappropriate user.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Except for the purposes described above, we will only use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to us or information generated by cookies if:
- you have authorised us to do so;
- we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions; or
- we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
How We Handle Emails
We will preserve the content of any email you send us if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by an Internet Service Provider of JobCafe, contractors for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes or where email abuse is suspected.
Security Of Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although JobCafe strives to protect such information, JobCafe cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps (but cannot guarantee) to preserve the security of this information in our own systems.
If you have a login name and/or password for use in conjunction with this web site, you are entirely responsible for the maintenance of the confidentiality of that login name and/or password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your login name. You agree to immediately notify JobCafe of any unauthorised use of your login name and/or password or any other breach of security known to you.